ANTIGUA & BARBUDA OVERVIEW
Antigua & Barbuda is a sovereign island country in the West Indies in the Americas, lying between the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Tourism dominates the economy, accounting for more than half of the gross domestic product (GDP). Antigua is famous for its many luxury resorts as an ultra-high end travel destination. Weakened tourist activity in the lower and middle market segments since early 2000 has slowed the economy, however, and squeezed the government into a tight fiscal corner.
- Investment banking and financial services also make up an important part of the economy. Major world banks with offices in Antigua include the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) and Scotiabank. Financial-services corporations with offices in Antigua include PwC. The US Securities and Exchange Commission has accused the Antigua-based Stanford International Bank, owned by Texas billionaire Allen Stanford, of orchestrating a huge fraud which may have bilked investors of some $8 billion.
- Antigua and Barbuda has a greater than 90% literacy rate. In 1998, Antigua and Barbuda adopted a national mandate to become the pre-eminent provider of medical services in the Caribbean. As part of this mission, Antigua and Barbuda built the most technologically advanced hospital in the Caribbean, the Mt. St. John Medical Centre. The island of Antigua currently has three foreign-owned for-profit offshore medical school. The island’s medical schools cater mostly to foreign students but contribute to the local economy and health care.
ANTIGUA & BARBUDA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT PROGRAMME
Antigua and Barbuda is an independent Commonwealth state in the Eastern Caribbean. With some 365 beaches of clean turquoise waters, the lush tropical islands of Antigua and Barbuda are an inviting paradise and considered to be one of the most beautiful places in the world.
Antigua and Barbuda is a member of the United Nations, the British Commonwealth, Caricom and the Organisation of American States (OAS) among many other international organisations. Holders of the Antigua and Barbuda passport enjoy visa free travel to approximately 150 countries, including the U.K. and the countries of the Schengen area.
- Acquisition of citizenship under the NDF investment option requires a contribution to the National Development Fund in the minimum sum of US$100,000 per application.
- To qualify for citizenship under the real estate option, the government requires applicants to make an investment in designated, officially approved real estate with a value of at least US$ 400,000.
- The Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU) shall after consultation with the Antigua and Barbuda Investment Authority (ABIA) approve businesses, whether existing or proposed, for the purposes of investment in business under the Citizenship by Investment Program.
- The two business investment options are:
✔️Where a person proposes to make an investment in an approved business of at least US$ 1,500,000 on their own behalf.
✔️At least two persons propose to make a joint investment in such an approved business totalling at least US$ 5,000,000, and each of those persons individually propose to contribute at least US$400,000 to the joint investment an application or application for Citizenship by Investment may be submitted on his, her or their behalf through an agent.
WHY CHOOSE ANTIGUA & BARBUDA?
- Affordable investment costs.
- Fast processing time, within 3-4 months.
- No proof of funds required.
- Requires the applicant spend a minimum of 5 days in the next 5 years after naturalisation.
- Confidential registration process.
Why choose JA & Partners ?
JA & Partners was founded by a more-than-10-year-experience team in immigration industry. We have experienced handling difficult applications especially documents requiring financial proofing, such as the US, Australia, Canada, Europe, the Caribbean program . Our partners are global leading law firms with 100% approval, as well as 40-year-experience reputable real estate investment corporations.
Our professional and dedicated relationship management team will ensure all your requirements, support, and follow up during the application process and even when investors migrate to countries.
Please fill out all information, JA & Partners will contact you to advise as soon as possible.